The Pronto system consists of two main types of connections:
1. Connection from your Course Management System to the Pronto Server
This section details connection requirements for the network which the Course Management System (i.e. Blackboard) is installed. In order for the Pronto integration to work properly,
* the CMS server needs to accept HTTP/HTTPS traffic from pronto.wimba.com.
* The CMS server needs to be able to make outgoing TCP requests to pronto.wimba.com on port 443 and port 80
Note: The IP address for the above URL's are expected to change, so it's recommended that your institution allow the types of connections as detailed above to/from the Pronto server IP netblock: 126.96.36.199/22 to prevent disruption of service.
2. Connection from the Pronto desktop client to the Pronto Server
This section details connection requirements for the network which the Pronto desktop client will be installed by instructors and students and administrators. The Pronto desktop client which enables instructors, students, and administrators to communicate with each other requires a different set of network access from which they're using Pronto. The network which the users will install the Pronto desktop client onto their computer will need to have two network ports opened:
* 5223/tcp or 443/tcp (textual chat)
* 4569/udp (VoIP)
Additionally, the connections of the Pronto client are made to the following URL's. If you would like to limit access of these ports for requests to and from the Pronto server only, please ensure that the following URL's are white listed:
or you can allow access from the following IP netblock