Instant Collaboration for Education
The only instant communication platform designed for educators to advance and promote collaborative learning, Wimba Pronto includes unique features that specifically benefit students, teachers, and educational institutions including:
• Blended Audio and Video Conferencing
• Instant Messaging
• Application Sharing
• State-of-the-art Whiteboard
• Queued Chat for Tutoring and Office Hours
• Automatic Population of Classmates and Courses
• Instant Access to Campus Services
• Instant School-Wide Notifications
• Universal Accessibility
• Spanish Language Preference
• Support of any video device -NEW in 3.1
• Advanced privacy features -NEW in 3.1
• Invitations to build community -NEW in 3.1
Wimba Pronto also holds the unique distinction of being the only instant collaboration platform powered by wind.
The Wimba Pronto interface is easy-to-use, acts as a “virtual hallway” for unscheduled learning scenarios, and facilitates community building among 21st century learners.
• Application Sharing for real-time display of any document or application on your computer
• Blended Audio and Video replicating face-to-face communication
• State-of-the-art Whiteboard to harness the power of visual instruction anytime, anywhere.
• Office Hours for holding online office hours and managing individual attention with a large number of users
• Help Desks for making all of your institution’s IT, Library, or Registrars services available online.
• Broadcast Notifications for sending institution-wide broadcast messages to every Wimba Pronto user on campus
• Invitation feature which enables administrators, instructors and students to easily invite others into the Pronto network for efficient and customized community building -NEW in 3.1
• Advanced privacy features to “wall in” community members and remove inappropriate users -NEW in 3.1
The minimum system requirements to use Wimba Pronto are as follows:
• Windows 7, Vista or XP; Mac OS 10.4+
• 256 MB RAM
• An Internet connection at 56k or higher
• Sound Card (for Audio Calling)
• Speakers and Microphone for Audio Calling (USB headset with integrated microphone recommended).
Wimba Pronto is licensed on an annual basis based on your institution’s Full-time Enrollment (FTE).
Wimba’s ASP Services takes care of server hosting, monitoring, and maintenance so that customers can focus on teaching and learning.
Contact a Regional Sales Manager to discuss the specific needs of your institution, system, or campus.